DIY Composting has many benefits and protects the climate and environment:
- Waste Prevention: bio waste lands neither in the residual waste nor do you need a separate bin for it. Around one third of all waste is organic waste.
- Climate protection: In self-composted manure there are no carbon emissions for neither production nor transport as is the case with synthetic fertilizers, plant earth or plant protection products.
- Nature Conservation: Compost can replace peat in the garden, thus protecting the bogs.
- Natural fertilizer: compost provides natural nutrients from which the plants take only as much as they need. No nitrate is washed out into the groundwater.
- Soil Improvement: compost has a high storage capacity for water and ensures good ventilation of the soil.
- Pest control: plants fertilized with compost are more resistant to pests.
This could also interest you: